Founded in 1985, the shelter has helped many women in many ways. Each situation is unique and is treated that way. We are a ten bed emergency shelter for all women in crisis with or without children. We offer support, information and referrals to any women over 16 years of age.
Confidentiality is as important to us as it is for you. Anything that is said at the Centre, stays at the Centre.
What Do We Offer?
- safe accommodation
- transportation and escort to lawyers, doctors, out-of-town appointments
- drop-in service for support, information, referrals and donation room available to you for free
Who Visits the Centre?
All women over the age of 16 years of age and their children are welcomed.
- we invite students to drop in and use the Resource Centre for information on topics concerning women
- women seeking information or referrals about housing, legal, or medical issues
- counselling services for spousal or sexual abuse survivors
- group counselling for children that have witnessed violence
- any women that feels she is in crisis and does not know where to go
- seniors welcome to drop in for help with forms, information, or a social visit
Mattawa Women’s Resource Centre 24-Hour Crisis Line
(705) 744-5567 * Collect Calls Accepted